POSE is a faith-based community engagement & advocacy organization whose mission is to “inspire people and mobilize resources to strengthen communities. POSE is committed to impacting systems and supporting people through ground-level projects that help to transform local communities. We do this through a myriad of hands-on services, open format educational dialogues, grassroots community organizing and social justice advocacy.We envision communities where all individuals have the opportunity for a high quality of life including (but not limited to):
- Health (mental, physical, and spiritual wellness)
- Rich cultural offerings
- The ability to connect and give back to their communities
Our Core Values are:
- Community: We listen to and learn from all members in our communities.
- Equity: We strive for equity and we focus primarily, but not exclusively, on people who are vulnerable.
- Inclusiveness: We practice and champion inclusiveness in our communities. We honor diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our communities.
- Empathy: We value the personal experiences and journeys of all in our communities.
- Leadership: We believe in empowering community leaders to invigorate social and civic engagement.
- Thought-provoking: We believe in the engagement of thought-provoking conversations about the positive and negative factors that impact individuals in our communities.