For any in-person convenings, the Grassroots Fund organizes planning committees of local stakeholders, community members, and partner organizations to co-create the event.
Why & Who
The Grassroots Fund is committed to participatory/democratic decision making processes across our programs. We work to bring together a broad range of lived experiences - across age, race, gender, ability, class, geography and sexual orientation - as we plan and design our programming. We invite, through an open call, community organizers, students, nonprofit colleagues, funder partners, and sustainable business people to apply to be on the planning committee for each of our events.
Committee members plan and create a meaningful, engaging program and are responsible for:
- Reviewing and adding to the event's learning objectives
- Determining priorities in setting location and agenda
- Reviewing (open call) workshop proposals and selecting workshop trainers/speakers
- Helping with outreach & promotion (a media package with links and language is provided)
Participating as a planning committee generally means:
- Attending ~ four 1-hour virtual calls
- Online correspondence and input (via email, SurveyMonkey) on content planning (speakers, workshop topics, agenda)
- Joining us at paid events free of charge
The Grassroots Fund has currently paused all convenings due to restrictions related to the COVID19 pandemic. We will post more information once we return to in-person gatherings. Stay tuned and sign up for the newsletter to get information in your inbox.