Grassroots Fund Seed, Grow & Young Leader grants are designed for groups that:
Please note that Grassroots Fund does not fund statewide, regional, national or international work. Our focus is on community-based, local initiatives. Grassroots funds can not be used for retroactive expenses, lobbying purposes, micro-grant programs or large capital acquisitions.
Watch a webinar on Grassroots Fund grant programs and how to apply here!
Want to particpate in our grant review process?
We are inviting anybody to help read through applications and share your perspectives. General time commitment as a grant reader is 5 to 10 hours spread out over 4 to 6 weeks. Sign up to help read Grow applications (projects looked to deepen or broaden their work) and/or Young Leader grant requests (projects giving meaningful leadership roles to young adults).
Join as a Grow or Young Leader grant reader
Competitive group development grants dedicated to help established groups increase capacity, collaborate, and leverage impact.
Deadlines: March 15 & September 15
(expect decisions early June & December)
Grant range: $1,000 – $3,500
Apply for a Grow grant if your group:
- needs help deepening and expanding the community project;
- expenses include general operating, stipends, capacity building, program development, expert assistance, etc.
- has been active for more than 1 year;
- submitted its last successful Grow application no less than 1 year ago.
Grant Report Form
Young Leaders Grant Program
The Young Leaders grant program seeks to support initiatives that allow young adults to design, lead, and engage a community-based effort from inception.
Deadline: Letter of Interest deadline is March 1 and Full Application Deadline is April 15.
Grant range: $5,000 - $7,500
Apply for a Young Leaders grant if your group:
- has a project led by young adults between the ages of 15-25 years old
- is seeking to substantively incorporate youth into governance and program design/delivery
Submit Letter of Interest
Grant Report Form