Grassroots Fund Seed, Grow & Young Leader grants are designed for groups that:
Please note that Grassroots Fund does not fund statewide, regional, national or international work. Our focus is on community-based, local initiatives. Grassroots funds can not be used for retroactive expenses, lobbying purposes, micro-grant programs or large capital acquisitions.
Register for our upcoming Grants Webinar to learn more!
Want to participate in our grant review process?
We have an open call to our community to share their perspectives in our grantmaking process. The general time commitment as a grant reader is 5 to 10 hours spread out over about 4 weeks.
Sign up link coming soon!
Competitive group development grants dedicated to help established groups increase capacity, collaborate, and leverage impact.
Deadlines: March 15 & September 15
(expect decisions early June & December)
Grant range: $1,000 – $3,500
Apply for a Grow grant if your group:
- needs help deepening and expanding the community project;
- expenses include general operating, stipends, capacity building, program development, expert assistance, etc.
- has been active for more than 1 year;
- submitted its last successful Grow application no less than 1 year ago.
Grant Report Form
Young Leaders Grant Program
The Young Leaders grant program seeks to support initiatives that allow young adults to design, lead, and engage a community-based effort from inception.
Deadline: The 2019 grant cycle has finished. 2020 deadlines TBA.
Grant range: up to $7,500
Apply for a Young Leaders grant if your group:
- has a project led by young adults between the ages of 15-25 years old
- is seeking to substantively incorporate youth into governance and program design/delivery
Submit Letter of Interest
Grant Report Form