2019 RootSkills Brattleboro Worksop - Planning Committee Members
A HUGE thank you to:
- Chris Wood, Building a Local Economy (BALE)
- Libby Weiland, VT Community Garden Network
- Jacqueline Ward
- Geraldine Vatan, 350VT/Mother Up Montpellier
- Francis Manga, Association of Africans Living in VT
- Abel Luna, Migrant Justice
- Shaina Kasper, Toxics Action Center
- Betsy Hands, High Meadows Fund
- Ann Garland, NH Upper Valley Democrats
- Marie Emerson, Wild Wescogus Blueberries
- Marilyn Chiarello, Edible Brattleboro
- Sarah Brock, Vital Communities
- Kile Adumene, Equity Leaders Fellowship (NH)
About the Planning Committee:
The Grassroots Fund is committed to participatory, democratic decision making processes across our grantmaking and skillsbuilding programs. We work to bring together a broad range of lived experiences as we plan and design the RootSkills Training Series. We invite community organizers, students, non profit colleagues, funder partners and sustainable business people to apply to be on the planning committee for each of our RootSkills in-person trainings.
Committee members plan and create a meaningful, engaging program and are responsible for helping:
Review and add to the learning objectives for each RootSkills track;
- Review (open call) workshop proposals and select workshop trainers that best further learning objectives;
- Spread the word about the RootSkills Trainings.
Planning Committee Members are asked to attend several 60-minute planning meetings via Teleconference/Webinar in months preceding events. All planning committee members receive free admission to the RootSkills Training and an optional $75 stipend (if time not covered through paid employment).