The 100% Renewable New England Fund
Toxics Action Center is proud to partner with the Grassroots Fund to channel more resources to community groups in New England working for climate justice. We are interested in proposals from groups that are working on campaigns that fit into this platform:
100% Renewable New England campaign supports energy policy that:
1. Advances New England toward a safer and healthier economy powered by 100% clean, renewable sources for heat and power, maximizing energy efficiency, demand reduction, energy storage, responsibly sited solar, wind on and off-shore;
2. Combats climate change, keeping us on track to reduce global warming pollution by no less than 25% by 2020 and 80% by 2050;
3. Reduces our dependence on polluting energy sources such as coal, oil, gas and nuclear power, burn technologies like biomass and trash incinerators, and all systems that generate power at the expense of public health; and prohibits public subsidies for new fossil fuel infrastructure;
4. Democratizes our power grid, empowering everyday people to access, own and control locally generated energy; and prioritizes people over corporations, putting neighborhoods, families and public lands over polluting energy industries;
5. Ensures a just transition for workers and communities with retiring power plants and opens up the benefits of the green economy to low-income people and people of color.
We hope you consider applying, and if you have questions if your community group’s work fits, please just pick up the phone and ask!
Ideas for grant money could include: Flyers, lawn signs, transportation, food for events, event space
Deadlines for applications: September 15, 2017
Groups can apply for funding up to $5,000 through the Grow grant program.
To start your application, please click the button below. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.