December 7 & 8, 2018 - College of the Holy Cross, Worcester (MA)
Wondering how to start a zero waste, living economy, or land & water project in your neighborhood? Exploring how to deepen and get to root causes in your food systems, energy or environmental health work? Have questions about fundraising or group governance? Are you looking to center equity in your community efforts?
The goal of the RootSkills Conference is to create synergy among community organizers working towards environmental, social and economic justice. Workshop sessions highlight trends, best practices, and solutions-based tools by and for community organizers. A planning committee representing a broad range of lived experiences helps design the event and an open call for workshops sessions creates space for new leadership, new voices to work towards co-created learning objectives.
- 11 workshop tracks, total 33 interactive sessions
- Technical issue support (what to do) and process-focused conversations (how to do it)
- Equity and inclusion centered throughout the program
- Translation services available
- Childcare available onsite
- Scholarships available