We are currently seeking planning committee members for our 2019 Fall Workshop in mid-November. SIGN UP NOW!
New Bedford, MA area - mid-November
The Grassroots Fund's RootSkills workshops are day-long gatherings where grassroots organizers, colleagues and supporters convene to network, share stories and dig into both issue- and process-based skills-building sessions. We work with a planning committee ahead of each event to ensure a broad range of lived experiences and perspectives weigh in as we set agendas, select workshop topics and invite speakers. Please save the date for our 2019 workshops and sign-up to join one of the planning committees.
The Grassroots Fund is committed to participatory, democratic decision making processes across our grantmaking and skillsbuilding programs. We work to bring together a broad range of lived experiences as we plan and design the RootSkills Training Series. We invite community organizers, students, non profit colleagues, funder partners and sustainable business people to apply to be on the planning committee for each of our RootSkills in-person trainings.
WHAT WE WILL WORK ON:
- Review & approval of skeleton agenda (agenda items, balance & timing);
- Review & selection of workshop offerings from the open call for presenters;
- Recommendations & selection of keynote speaker.
- Outreach & promotion: You can expect to be asked to share about the event (both the open call for presenters and attendee registration) within your established networks, contacts and/or social media. A media package with links and language will be provided.
- Attending 3, 1-hour calls. Once planning committee members have been chosen we will select specific dates and times, though rough timing for call dates are: Meeting #1 July 23-25th, Meeting #2 Sept. 17-19, and Meeting #3 Oct. 15-17;
- Online correspondence and input (via email, SurveyMonkey, GoogleDocs) on workshop planning.
- As a modest thank you, planning committee members are invited to join us at the event free of charge.
- For those whose participation on the committee is not covered by your employed time, we also offer an optional $75 stipend.
Contact program manager Tess Beem with questions about this opportunity: [email protected] or 603-905-9915x2.
Get notified on upcoming workshops
To stay tuned and receive notifications about upcoming workshops & convenings, please make sure to join our mailing list.