This Community of Practice will focus on equity in participation, and look at ways to reconsider the accessibility of your work. We will dive deeper into ways to create opportunities for people and groups to work with others outside of your regular networks, as well as how to recognize and address barriers to participation.
- To better understand external and internal barriers to participation and engagement with your work;
- To begin to think about ways to lower these barriers;
- To identify what support and next steps are needed to lower these barriers;
- Cross-collaboration! Our hope is for participants to learn from the shared wisdom of the group, share ideas and perspectives that come from a variety of lived experiences, and create a community of support that will go beyond these calls.
Some questions we will address:
- How does your group center equity in the work you do and projects you carry out?
- How does your group engage traditionally marginalized voices in strategy/priority-setting in a meaningful way?
- Who are those directly impacted by the work you do? Are they involved in your projects? How?
- What are some barriers to participating in your projects and programs? How have you begun to address these barriers?
- How can you make your group more accessible to others, especially those marginalized in your community?