2019 Fall RootSkills Planning Committee
We are grateful to have the following individuals participating in the planning and co-creation of the fall RootSkills!
Tarshire Battle - Restoration Urban Farm of New England
Jillian Brigham - Unity College
Cristina Cabrera - Water Is Life - Land And Water Sovereignty Campaign
Sara Canuel - MET Environmental Leaders, Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council
Janice Falconer - Impact RI
Dena Haden - Co-Creative Center of New Bedford
Sebastian Interlandi - Southside Community Land Trust
Vanessa Liles - PT Partners
Catarina Lorenzo - Alliance to Mobilize Our Resistance
Jeanine Silversmith - Rhode Island Environmental Education Association
What does the planning committee role involve? Check out the details below!
The Grassroots Fund is committed to participatory, democratic decision making processes across our grantmaking and skillsbuilding programs. We work to bring together a broad range of lived experiences as we plan and design the RootSkills Training Series. We invite community organizers, students, non profit colleagues, funder partners and sustainable business people to apply to be on the planning committee for each of our RootSkills in-person trainings.
WHAT WE WORK ON:
- Review & approval of agenda;
- Review & selection of workshop offerings from the open call for presenters;
- Recommendations & selection of keynote speaker;
- Outreach & promotion.
- Attending 3, 1-hour planning calls;
- Online correspondence and input.
- As a modest thank you, planning committee members are invited to join us at the event free of charge.
- For those whose participation on the committee is not covered by your employed time, we also offer an optional $75 stipend.
Contact program manager Tess Beem with questions about this opportunity: [email protected] or 603-905-9915x2.